Sunday, April 15, 2012

Its a bugs life

Its amazing how busy life can get, and before you know it 6 months has passed and you have a lot of catching up to do. We have had tons of parties and made many little kids happy. At the same time we were nearing our last few months of baby Serena.

With her kicking around inside of mom, working became a challenge. But we are always up for a challenge and when my little sister asked me to do her daughters 4th birthday, i had no way of saying no. She is my baby sister, and Xara is the cutest little girl.


Our little angel wanted an enchanted forest party, she wanted trees and butterflies, bugs, toadstools and leaves. This was a tall order for a 7 month pregnant me. But i could not let her down, she believes i can do anything and it would not be a good time to prove i cannot. She is only 4 and believes in the tooth fairy too LOL.


I had to get my sister to help me, as you can see we had loads of hand made goodies. I even put my sewing skills to some good use (i cannot sew to save my life), but lucky for me 4 year old are not that picky. And to see the look on her little face when she saw her enchanted forest was well worth all the work. I also like to think that all the work i do while Serena is in my tummy, will somehow influence her to be creative too.

Enchanted forest Cupcakes


Fairy Cake



Now this little girl has spent many hours helping her aunt with her cakes and cupcakes. This meant that she knew exactly what she wanted and once again forgets her aunt is not a super hero. I has to make enough cupcakes for 30 kids and they all had to have hand crafted little creatures on them. It was also nearly impossible to find party packs that looked like they belonged at this party, so i decided to make them myself. I got the whole family drinking coke cause i needed 13 coke bottles for the party packs. We then painted the lids stuck some butterflies on and stuck shiny sequence all over.

Serena and i, in our Ladybug outfit heee heeee
But i think things worked out well and she loved her party. I obviously had to have a part of the party that she did not have a hand in choosing. So we arranged that everyone who attended dressed like an enchanted forest creature. Serena and i went as a ladybug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment